Every single Mum can attend her Mums Squad sessions and know her child will never be exposed to nuts or traces of nuts or other well-known food allergens. Our food policy is simple. Every session is a nut free zone. No nuts, nut products or products that are made in factories that produce nut products are ever to be brought to a Mums Squad session. As a result it goes without saying that they will never be eaten at a Mums Squad session. All the same we limit the possibility of cross-contamination of foods by removing all children who are eating, away from other children. We encourage you to feed your child at home or before or after your session. If the need arises, they can be fed at their session providing that:
- All food is nut free;
- All food containers, bottles and spoons are labelled clearly with your child’s name; and
- You must provide a container or bag, to place dirty/used items.
- During your sessions our Nannies will ensure:
- Children are removed from the play area onto a separate mat or place in their pram to eat;
- All children will be wiped down after eating and before they return to the play area; and
- All Nannies will wipe down their hands using an alcohol-based solution after feeding the children.
If you know your child has an allergy you must:
- Include the relevant and most recent information on the pre-screening forms you complete when you start with Mums Squad. If you become aware of a new allergy or a change in your child’s status you must complete a new form.
- Tell the Nannies at every session that you child has an allergy and instruct them accordingly in case treatment is required.
- Provide any drugs required should your child have an allergic reaction,
Breast Fed Babies
- Please make every effort to breast feed your baby before a session. It will help them settle and make your workout more comfortable.
- If it’s not possible to feed your baby before the session please express milk so the nannies can feed them as needed. Please make a note on your baby’s pram card indicating what will be required and make sure the Nannies know where to find the babies bottle.
- The bottle can be fed to the baby in the nannies arms or while the child is in the pram.
- If no expressed milk is provided and your child needs to be fed you will be called out of the session to feed your baby.
Bottle Fed Babies
Our policy here is very similar to Breast Fed Babies. Please feed your baby before the session to help them settle. If you think your baby will need to be fed, please make a note on your baby’s pram card indicating what will be required and make sure the Nannies know where to find the babies bottle. The bottle can be fed to the baby in the nannies arms or while the child is in the pram.
All Tod squad sessions are to be nut free zones. Please bring morning tea properly labelled for all toddlers. They all love morning tea time. We seat all together whilst talking about Healthy Eating Habits. They will then be wiped down before they return to go back to play time. Nannies will also wipe their hands. We will also ensure that all Tods eat only the food that they bring with them. All Toddlers food MUST BE in a clearly labelled container.